POSITION DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVE:
Seeking a versatile sales leader to work the Detroit and Ohio territory and drive new business revenue. This role will require traditional and non-traditional prospecting to target regional & national companies through strategic analysis, market trends, partner contacts, company & personal relationships and vertical expertise.
The ideal candidate will excel at identifying client business challenges and translating them into opportunities to sell Stadium media solutions.
- Lead Detroit and Ohio sales accounts
- Create market roadmap with SVP and Director
- Work alongside the New York and Chicago sales teams on achieving revenue growth, prospecting, collaboration, etc.
- Responsible for developing a pipeline of qualified sponsorship & media prospects large enough to meet or exceed financial goals
- Understand client marketing needs and business models in order to expedite sales cycle
- Understand Stadium capabilities and accurately articulates Stadium value sponsorship & media proposition
- Communicate industry opportunities to management and help facilitate conversations and direction designed to best position Stadium for success
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Quarterback cross-functional teams during sales process
- 3-5+ years sales experience focused on integrated sponsorship & digital media
- Experience with consultative selling to Fortune 500 C-level decision makers and/or similar senior level agency decision makers
- Expertise within the auto industry
- Proven track record of successfully closing six figure sponsorship and/or media deals, including experience managing client relationships from initial pitch, through transition/onboarding, into long-term engagements
- Solid understanding of the digital/technology landscape including industry trends, key players, terminology and overall knowledge of the sponsorship/media landscape
- Goal-oriented and experience building a pipeline of new business and exceeding established financial targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including creation of convincing sales approaches, proposals, documentations and presentations
- Motivated by a rewarding commission-based compensation plan
- Advanced negotiating skills
What else will lead to success within this role?
- Passionate about sports
- Client service oriented
- Comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic environment
- Willing to wear multiple hats
- Desire to build something new
COMPANY: Stadium is a new, 24/7 multi-platform sports network that brings together exclusive live game and event coverage, extensive highlights, classic games, original programming, and daily live studio programming.
Stadium was formed when Campus Insiders, 120 Sports and The American Sports Network combined forces to take advantage of a combined collection of professional and collegiate rights and unique access to both digital and television distribution opportunities. STADIUM is owned by a collection of industry leaders including Silver Chalice, Sinclair, MLBAM, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, and Time, Inc.